- ACTION IN SUPPORT OF PUBLIC LANDS IN WASHINGTON STATE
- LAST CHANCE TO HELP PROTECT BLANCHARD FOREST
- UNTIL JULY 10: Protect National Monuments and the Antiquities Act by submitting comments to the Department of the Interior Open Public Comment Docket.
- Let’s Help Each Other! Submit local and regional actions by June 29 to be included in the July 2nd Newsletter!
1-ACTION IN SUPPORT OF PUBLIC LANDS IN WASHINGTON STATE:
Snohomish, Chelan, Skagit, Okanogan County Residents – Contact your Commissioners and tell them public lands are not private property and to terminate their relationship with the American Stewards of Liberty, a group affiliated with the Koch brothers and the “County Supremacy” Movement.
On April 24 County Commissioners from Skagit, Chelan, Okanogan and Snohomish Counties held a meeting with the American Stewards of Liberty in pursuit of local control over federal lands. This group is affiliated with American Lands Council (Koch brothers), advocates of transferring federal land to state ownership. If you are a resident of one of these counties, urge your commissioners to terminate their relationship with with ASL.
Learn about the “County Supremacy” movement.
- Going to Extremes: The anti-government extremism behind the growing movement to seize America’s public lands
- State Efforts To ‘Reclaim’ Our Public Lands Traced To Koch-Fueled ALEC
- Explainer: The Influence of County Supremacy Doctrine in the Oregon Standoff from the Center for Western Priorities
- Recycled County Supremacy Gains Traction, Lacks Legal Basis: Gubernatorial Candidate Supports “Coordination” During Debate from Montana Human Rights Network
- LAND USE & THE ‘PATRIOTS’ from the Southern Poverty Law Center
2-LAST CHANCE TO HELP PROTECT BLANCHARD FOREST
Please contact your State Senator and encourage them to protect Skagit County’s Blanchard Forest. If the Senate accepts the Trust Land Transfer solution in the reconciled budget bill, the 1600-acre core of Blanchard will be protected forever. Urge your State Senator to support funding this solution. See Skagit Land Trust for more detailed information.
Click here to find your Washington State representatives and their contact information: Washington State Legislature District Finder
3-UNTIL JULY 10: Protect National Monuments and the Antiquities Act by submitting comments to the Department of the Interior Open Public Comment Docket.
Public comment period open for Interior Department’s National Monuments Review until July 10, 2017. Click here to submit: Review of Certain National Monuments Established Since 1996. Need ideas and information about the 27 Monuments under threat?
Needs some ideas on what to write? We’ve got you covered! Check out IWEN’s Protect Antiquities USA – Our Treasure, Our Future Monument Series for detailed sample comments scripts for nearly every one of the 27 monuments that are threatened by the new administration.
Submit comments early and often! Your voice matters!’
4-Let’s Help Each Other! Submit local and regional actions by June 29 to be included in the July 2nd Newsletter!
email: indivisible wa enviro at gmail dot com