ACTION ALERT: public comment OPEN for Department of Commerce’s review of all designations and expansions of National Marine Sanctuaries and Marine National Monuments since April 28, 2007
COMMENTS DUE BEFORE JULY 26. Click here to submit
The links below provide sample comment scripts for 5 National Marine Monuments that are under review as well as the 6 National Marine Sanctuaries that are also under review.
Please do not cut and paste the scripts. Edit to make them your own and add personal commentary if you can. These scripts are designed to inform and are for inspiration and ideas!
For ideas on what to include in your submission, click here: “Suggested Outline or “Hot Topic” Review List for Comments.” This link includes great information on how to construct a strong comment. This information comes from saveEPAalums.info – an incredible resource.
- Marianas Trench Marine National Monument, Pacific Ocean, 2009
- Northeast Canyons & Seamounts Marine National Monument, off the coast of New England, 2016
- Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument, Pacific Ocean, established 2009, expanded 2014
- Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument, Pacific Ocean, established 2006, expanded 2016
- Rose Atoll Marine National Monument, Pacific Ocean, 2009
NATIONAL MARINE SANCTUARIES
- Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary, California – Expansion May 24, 2007 – Background Information and Resources Links
- Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary, California – Expansion March 12, 2015
- Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary, California – Expansion, March 12, 2015
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary California – Expansion November 20, 2008
- National Marine Sanctuary of American Samoa, American Samoa – Expansion July 26, 2012
- Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary, Michigan – Expansion September 5, 2014